Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Vanishing Point


Vanishing Point
Originally uploaded by Canon Fodder
One of the ways Flickr categorise the pictures submitted to it is by 'Interestingness.' Just how 'Interestingnees' is accumulated is a subject of much debate by the users of Flickr, but it is something most want. It has something to do with the number of views a picture get as well as who looks, what groups the picture is placed in and how many. I'm damned if I can work it out, but I do know that in the "Last 7 Days Interesting" section you can find some pretty spectacular pictures. I've never made it into the Last 7 Days but I have had a few pictures placed in the Top 500 Interesting for the week they were posted. The beach shot above is the first to have made this distinction since January 2006, as well as the first on my new Nikon. I'm pretty chuffed. Lets hope it's the start of a trend.

No comments: