Saturday, May 14, 2005

Catching up

Grandkids

Well I haven’t made an entry for a while, mostly because I’ve been real busy. Lorii has had a really bad cold; bordering on flu. So I have been kept busy doing the single parent bit on top of all the ‘looking after Lorii’ stuff too.

So, to catch up: The little yellow thing called Matiz has been returned to the hire people. I have bought a red, diesel, Vauxhall Astra estate. I performed this deed at an auction, which was pretty scary. But the car seems sound and I got it for a snip at £550. The Mondeo was written off to the value of £750.

Jacob had a proper fight at school. His glasses got destroyed. But since he has not been involved in any more, I guess the school population has learnt the lesson; ‘You don’t pick on Jacob, unless you want a pounding.’ Apparently it took two dinner ladies to pull the berzerking Jacob off the lad foolish enough to try and steal his art book.

Katie has been on her first ‘camp’ with the Air Cadets. It turns out that along with being an incredibly smart kid, she is a crack shot as well. So don’t get my daughter mad. She can put a bullet in your eye at four hundred meters and talk her way out of the murder wrap!

Lorii’s sister Mel has departed for Australia. Before leaving she got hypnotised so she would not be scared of the spiders. This, it seems to me, is an idea that is contrary to survival in a country where the spiders can kill you. If it has worked or not I have not heard. However unfortunately Mel is freaking out at the large, and numerous, cockroaches! They were not covered by the hypnotherapy.

Baby Ben is home. That is his picture at the top of this entry, with his sister and grandma. Apparently after his shaky start he now weighs 12lb 6oz. That is a gain of nearly 3lbs in four weeks.

Annoyingly the stats page for Unreal has been down for a while so any claims of Rampages etcetera will not be verifiable.

No comments: