Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Cycling

Okay, well as I am staring forty down the barrel of a gun, my waist line keeps getting larger and my stamina is decreasing, I thought I’d do something about it. To this end I got my bicycle out of the shed this weekend and got it road worthy.

Yesterday I took it out for a very short spin; Just down to Gyn Square and back, to let my cycling muscles know that I planed a come back.

Today I went a little further. Down onto the Prom and along as far as Rigby Road. A round trip of 4.7 miles, which I averaged at 10.1mph. This was enough to make me sweat and leave my legs feeling a little wobbly.

The plan is to build up slowly until I’m fit enough to ride the bike to work each day. In theory though I’m already there as work is only about five miles or so.

No comments: