Sunday, April 15, 2007

OCD

Lorii has always been the sort make sure all the tins in the cupboard face the same way. Come to that she'll constantly rearrange the contents of the supermarket shopping trolly too. Which brings me to the new light fitting I've just installed in the front room. It's an OCD sufferers nightmare. It basically is a number of halogen bulbs on the ends of long thin, but flexible, bits of wire. Getting each wire curving the same as the others and to make the whole thing symmetrical is going to drive Lorii crazy.

One of the five baby guinea pigs was a runt. This small pathetic thing is melting the kids hearts, but I don't think it is going to make it. Pretty sad really. I've even tried helping it to suckle from it's mother without the rest of the litter. But as the rest go from strength to strength it just keeps getting weaker. Pretty sad really; but that's life.

I'm dreading going back to work tomorrow. The volume of work coming in has been more than our department can cope with for some time now. As I've taken on more orders my ability to move on to new orders is hampered by clients who see me as an opportunity to redesign the finished artwork they were supposed to be supplying for print. Ultimately it is not my fault but managements; all I can do is wade through the work assigned to me. But nobody likes to be a part of something that is breaking down.

No comments: