Monday, May 07, 2007

Wounded

Well I've just got back from the NHS Walk-In Centre. I sliced my little finger on my right hand, on a broken glass, whilst doing some washing up. The bugger would not stop bleeding, so after an hour of leaking circulatory fluid, I thought I'd show it to an expert. It was only a little cut. But things must have been slow at the walk-in centre, as I was shown straight through to a nurse, after triage, instead of being sent out to wait while they dealt with real emergencies. For my troubles I got three steri-strips, as it did not merit stitches, half a mile of tubi-grip, some gauze, Micropore and a tetanus booster.

The good news is I'm banned from washing-up. This is a bit dire for Katie though, as Jake cut his hand earlier iin the week and he too has problems keeping his dressing dry.

No comments: