Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Lorii

Lorii had her operation on Monday at around 1.00pm. She had both her ovaries removed as well as her womb, though her cervix was left in place. Her right ovary had a cyst on it. Her left ovary was attached to her abdominal wall by many adhesions caused by the endometriosis. She is in a lot of pain and has a morphine pump she can use to inject 1mg every five minutes. When I first got there the five minutes were not passing fast enough. But by the time I left at 9.00 she was sleeping comfortably, waking only to push the button before returning to sleep.

The state of Lorii's ovaries would explain most of her abdominal pain. I may be counting chickens, but hopefully once Lorii has recovered from this operation, the removal of the cause of the endometriosis may allow her other conditions to laps into remission. if so this could vastly improve her quality of life. Lets hope hey!

I got Lorii a Nintendo DS Lite for Christmas, but when the operation date came through I decided to let her open her present early. Now I'm just waiting for her to be well enough to start playing Tetris!

No comments: