Saturday, September 09, 2006

Fireworks and name changes...


Pyro Italy 4
Originally uploaded by Canon Fodder.
Last week saw the start of an international firework competition in Blackpool. I did not make it down to watch the first display, but I did last night.
In fact the kids and I did quite the tourist bit! First we walked down to Gynn Square and took in the sunset. Then we took a tram to North Pier sitting on the top deck to admire the Illuminations. Once there we picked a nice spot and waited for the fireworks. The display was huge; a large sum of money went up in smoke and pretty lights before our eyes. Unfortunately my poor efforts with the camera do not do it justice. Towards the end of the display Katie was struck in the side of the head by a frightened pidgeon!
Once the display was over we all made our way over to Sue's Hotel. Where I was treated to a wonderful phenomenon called a bottomless bottle of beer!

The family are having fun with names at the moment as the kids have been presented with an opportunity to pick new middle names. I'm in the process of adopting them officially; and as of next week they will take my surname. While the solicitor is changing their surnames they can officially pick new first names too.
Katie has decided to honour her welsh roots and has chosen Cerys as her new middle name.
Jacob though has been struggling to choose a name he likes. The first choice would have been something Japanese; but both his mother and I stomped on that idea. Next he was going to go with Azrael; biblical but then so is Satan. I got him to drop that one by pointing out it was the name of the cat in the smurfs! Seth got a short run. But the current runner is Zackerie; though I'm sure I'm not spelling that right. Watch this space for the final solution...

No comments: