Friday, September 01, 2006

Rain on Blackpool


Rain on Blackpool
Originally uploaded by Canon Fodder.
Well I did not make it to the switch on of the Illuminations. The plan had been, for me and the kids, to ride our bicycles down to Sue's hotel and enjoy the show from there. However, my planed route along the front did not meet with Jacobs approval. So an unnecessary sulk started. When he was having difficulties keeping up the pace into a stiff breeze, and as I was concerned that the approaching black cloud would drown us, I tried to help him by giving the lad a friendly push. This promoted the sulk into a full blown temper tantrum. Never one to put up with childish dramatics I sent Katie on alone and turned Jake around. Once home again I phoned Lorii to tell her her son would be conspicuous by his absence, and once the teenager was put to bed, I would be along later. But the weather had beaten me! There was no way I was going to make it without a soaking. The picture shows the very personal and hateful rain cloud over Blackpool. So I'm spending Friday night in. Sitting a woeful teenager and not eating Pizza and drinking beer... Ho hum. Anyone thinking of having kids.... Be warned!

No comments: