Friday, June 08, 2007

Happy Me


Happy Me
Originally uploaded by Canon Fodder
When I was about seven years old I bought my first camera; an Instamatic 110. I keenly snapped away on this until, after a visit to Farnborough Air show at the age of fourteen or fifteen, I started lusting after an SLR. My first SLR was a Ricoh XR1, my second a Chinnon CE5 and there the progression stopped. Financial and family commitments ment money could not go on new cameras. My first digital was a Sony Cybershot W1 bought second hand from the modern day equivalent of a pawn shop. But today I have been gifted a Nikon D40x. Hence the bloody big smile in the picture. Stunning pictures should follow...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who gave you the camera

Canon Fodder said...

Officially the children; it's an early Fathers Day gift. Though since we have been a bit slow with the pocket money I think Lorii may have had a lot to do with it too.